Last Updated; 28th June 2022
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. BY REGISTERING FOR THE EVENT, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THIS “AGREEMENT”). THIS AGREEMENT HAS LEGAL CONSEQUENCES AND WILL AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND ABILITY TO BRING FUTURE LEGAL ACTIONS.
Fextons (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Fextons is one of world’s renowned leading knowledge provider and consulting firm. We design and deliver highly focused information through publishing, Conferences, training and market intelligence. We focus on providing invaluable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organizations around the world. We aim at designing innovative conferences and trainings which will help organizations achieve the balance and drive efficiencies by transforming and aligning their operational processes. Additionally, we provide research-based solutions and sales consultation to a wide variety of sectors across the globe. https://fextons.com/about/
ADMITTANCE. In its sole discretion and without refund, Fextons reserves the right to refuse admittance to or expel from the conference anyone that it determines is behaving in a manner that could be disruptive to the Event or pose any danger to any other attendee. Entrant consents and agrees that in such event, it shall not be entitled to a refund of any portion of amounts paid. Breach of any of the terms herein shall entitle Fextons to all available legal remedies.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS OF COVID-19 & OTHER RISKS.
I fully understand that: the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any variation thereof, “COVID-19”) is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death, and there is an inherent danger and risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any place where people are present;
no Safety Protocols (as defined below) can eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID- 19;while people of all ages and health conditions can be and have been adversely affected by COVID-19, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other public health authorities (i) people with certain underlying medical conditions are or may be especially vulnerable; and (ii) the risk of severe illness from the contraction of COVID-19 increases steadily with age, and contracting COVID-19 can result in the further transmission of COVID-19 to Entrant’s spouse, family members, and other persons in proximity to Entrant’s; and
exposure to COVID-19 can result in subsequent quarantine, illness, disability, other short-term and long-term physical and/or mental health effects, and/or death, regardless of age or health condition at the time of exposure and/or infection.
SAFETY PROTOCOLS. Due to the uncertainty related to COVID-19, Entrant’s admission to the Venue and attendance at the Event is subject to any health and safety policies, assessments, precautions and/or protocols put in place by local, state and federal governmental agencies, the Venue owner/operator, and/or by Fextons and/or third parties, including requirements relating to face masks and/or enhanced health screenings (which may include a requirement that Entrant, and any person in Entrant’s party, be tested for COVID-19 prior to or during the Event and/or provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19) the “Safety
Protocols”. Entrant acknowledges and agrees to comply with the Safety Protocols. Failure to comply with Safety Protocols shall automatically terminate any rights that Entrant may have hereunder; and shall authorize the Venue
owner/operator and/or Fextons (or their respective personnel) refuse admission to the Venue, or eject Entrant from the Venue and Event, without refund in each case, and subject Entrant to all legal remedies available to the Released Parties. Entrant acknowledges that the Safety Protocols are not diagnostic and do not eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
SPEAKERS, SPONSORS AND EXHIBITORS. Views expressed by any attendee, speaker, exhibitor or sponsor at the Event are their own. Fextons shall have no liability for advice given, or views expressed, by any attendee, speaker, exhibitor or sponsor at the Event or in any material provided to attendees.
CANCELLATION POLICY. Entrant may transfer their registration to another individual without any charge, provided that any such individual will be bound by these terms and conditions. Cancellations by Entrant more than six weeks prior to the Event are fully refundable. If Entrant cancels their registration less than six weeks prior to the Event,Fextons will be obliged to charge the full fee and Entrant will be issued a future credit note to use on an event within 12 months of the issue date. Entrant must notify Fextons in writing of a cancellation, or Fextons will be obliged to charge the full fee. If the Event is must be postponed, Entrant’s registration will automatically roll over to the new date and platform. If the Event is cancelled Entrant will be automatically be given a future credit (valid for 12 months from issue) for another event or equivalent product/service of Entrant’s choice.
Entrant may request a refund in connection with the postponement or cancellation of the Event within one month following such postponement or cancellation.
Fextons shall not be liable to attendee for any damages, costs, or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, accommodations costs, or financial losses. Entrants are responsible for obtaining the appropriate travel insurance to cover themselves with respect to such eventualities.
FORCE MAJEURE.Fextons shall not be held responsible or liable for any delay or failure in performance of its obligations hereunder (including the holding or hosting of the Event) to the extent such delay or failure is caused by (i) storm, flood, fire, earthquake or other acts of God; (ii) war, invasion, hostilities, terrorist threats or acts, riot, or other civil unrest or violence; (iii) any disease, epidemic or pandemic, including novel coronavirus COVID-19 (together with any mutation, adaptation, or variation thereof), (iv) embargoes or blockades; (v) national or regional emergency; (vi) strikes, labor stoppages, or slowdowns or other industrial disturbances; (vii) any order or guidance from any governmental or quasi-governmental organization, including without limitation in regard to travel, public gatherings, or health and safety; (viii) disruptions in supply chains, hotel inventory, commercial air travel or other public transportation; (ix) failure of carriers or utilities or equipment beyond Fextons reasonable control; (x) unavailability of the venue through no fault of Fextons; or (xi) other similar causes beyond the reasonable control of Fextons. In any such event, Fextons shall be entitled but not obliged to either provide alternative facilities or venue for the Event and/or reschedule the Event, without liability on the part of the Fextons. If Fextons is unable to reschedule or rearrange the event, Fextons may cancel the Event on the part of the Fextons and Entrant will receive a future credit (valid for 12 months from issue) for another event or equivalent product/service of your choice.
Information We Collect From You
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our websites (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. We may record your phone calls with us for quality control and for governance purposes. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed; page response times, download errors, duration of page visits, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse- overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
The legal basis for processing your Personal Data
In order to comply with applicable data privacy laws, we are required to set out the legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data. In accordance with the purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Data, as set out above, the legal basis for processing your Personal Data will typically be one of the following:
- our own or our third parties’ legitimate business interests (for example, in maintaining and promoting our business by providing customers with feedback opportunities or other instances where we have carried out a legitimate interests assessment and have established an existing legitimate interest);
- the performance of a contract that we have in place with you;
- your consent where appropriate; or
- compliance with our legal obligations.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share such portions of your personal information as may be appropriate with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site. Personal data of conference speakers including name and image may be placed on Fextons event websites and indexed by search engines, for example Google;
- professional organisations including hotels and venue owners, as well as our event sponsors and exhibitors. Speakers’ profiles including their images may be shared on Fextons event websites and indexed by search engines, for example
- professional organisations involved in the provision of services for the event contracted for, such as, for example hotels, venue owners, live conference and online event service
- event sponsors and exhibitors – If you are a delegate we may share your information with event sponsors, exhibitors and other (vendor) delegates representing companies that provide relevant business solutions. They may contact you in relation to special offers, products and services related to your role within your
- We also use a virtual event platform that allows people to experience our events remotely. The features of the virtual platforms include viewing the agenda, sponsors and speakers along with enhanced networking and interactivity at the event. The enhanced networking allows all attendees to see the name, job title and company name of any one who attends the event. By attending a virtual event you agree to sharing these basic details and to be contacted by other attendees within the platform solely for networking purposes in connection with the
- event sponsors and exhibitors. When you allow your badge to be scanned at event your personal data will be shared with the relevant event sponsor or exhibitor and used in accordance with applicable data protection laws, sponsor’s or exhibitor’s privacy notice and other notices or consents you are provided with or given at the event.
At some of our events, we may take photographs and record videos of presentations and networking to be published on Fextons websites and social media. We will display notices at events to advise participants of this and how they can notify us if they do not wish to be photographed or filmed.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Fextons or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred
Where we store your personal data
To help protect the privacy of data and personally identifiable information you transmit through use of our site, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an on-going basis. When users submit sensitive information (such as a credit card number) over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. We restrict access to your personal data to those employees who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees’ privacy responsibilities.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may transfer your personal data to controllers or processors based outside India
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it, or as otherwise prescribed by law, for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have paid to attend a conference with us, we will keep a record of your payment for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you or where recorded via telephone (for example if you have made a complaint about a conference) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Our data retention policy further describes our retention practices. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise this right at any time through the ‘contact preferences’ link in the footer of our marketing emails or you can email your request to email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Correcting, Updating or Removing Your Personal Information
Fextons will make every attempt to keep your personal data accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal information is incorrect, changes or if you no longer wish to receive information from us, we will endeavour to correct, update or remove your data as swiftly as possible. You can email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Social media features
Our site is directed at an adult audience and we do not knowingly collect information from or about children.
Data subject rights
Data subjects in the India and other jurisdictions may have rights in relation to their personal data which include:
Right to rectification. Data subjects may request that we rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
Right to withdraw consent. Data subjects may at any time withdraw their consent to the processing of their personal data carried out by us on the basis of their previous consent. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on such previous consent.
Right to object to processing including automated processing and profiling. We do not make automated decisions about data subjects. However, we may rely on information provided by third parties such as credit reference agencies which may score data subjects on the basis of automated decisions. Profiling may be carried out for business administration purposes, such as monitoring trends in user visits of our website and in order to deliver relevant ads to users’ devices. We will comply with valid objection requests unless we have a compelling overriding legitimate ground for the continuation of our processing or we have another lawful reason to refuse such request. We will comply with each valid opt-out request in relation to marketing communications.
Right to erasure. Data subjects may request that we erase their personal data. We will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so. For example, there may be an overriding legitimate ground for keeping the personal data, such as, our business record retention obligations that we have to comply with. Please note that, if your data is resubmitted to us via legitimate means, you may be re-added to our database after an erasure request has been processed.
Restriction. Data subjects may request that we restrict our processing of their personal data in various circumstances. We will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so, such as, a legal obligation to continue processing your personal data in a certain way.
Right to data portability. In certain circumstances, data subjects may request the controller to provide a copy of their personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have it transferred to another provider of the same or similar services. We do not consider that this right applies to our Services. However, to the extent it does, we will comply with such transfer request. Please note that a transfer to another provider does not imply erasure of the data subject’s personal data which may still be retained for legitimate and lawful purposes.
Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. We suggest that data subjects contact us about any questions or complaints in relation to how we process their personal data. However, each data subject has the right to contact the relevant supervisory authority directly.
In order to exercise any of these rights, please email your request to email@example.com